You will meet the trip leader a night before the trip,who will brief you about the trip and advise you on what to bring on the trip and what to put on. We always advise our clients to put on long shorts and shirts, we encourage our clients to carry water bottles on the trip as we have water to refill your bottle ,when you run out of water.
The trip starts at the Victoria Falls.safety talk will be given, you will be taught the dos and don’ts on the trip once the safety talk is done you will be given the rafting gear(helment,life jacket and paddles).
You will be able to see the falls from the Zambian side as you learn the heritage of the site for some minutes then hike down the gorge to the river. Once you are in the rafts you will be told how to paddle and hang on, then with your guide you paddle upstream bellow the falls, there your guide will walk you through the basalt rocks to have a clear view of the falls on both the Zambian and Zimbabwean side.
You will swim in a unique and amazing natural pool bellow the falls and also have the spray of the falls. After doing all this you will then proceed to the Boiling Pot Rapid where you will start rafting for Day 1.
Among other rapids for day 1 include the boiling pot, morning glory and stay away to heaven. The camp is sett after rapid 10 known as the gnashing jaws of death at the Songwe Camp.
A long exciting day awaits us as you rise, to the smell of coffee, bacon and eggs on the fire for breakfast. Then with all the equipment once more stowed securely for the voyage on the river, we then dive into a world of exhilarating action and scenes of remarkable beauty, going through more of class four and five rapids the biggest of them called oblivion, will have lunch at the Bbob camp and the next camp is after rapid 25 called the mukuni camp. This is also another beautiful camp as you sleep down the batoka gorge.
Another adventurous day as we raft through the narrows and the chimamba rapids, the camp is sett between two waterfalls the upper and lower Moemba.
We have breakfast around 07:00 AM then start to the damp site which is the finishing point.
What is included in the tour
- Photos and Videos
- Dry bags for your personal belongings
What is NOT included in the tour
- Visa (if applicable)
- Sleeping bags
- Unique adventure rafting down the Zambezi
- One of the best Rafting Rivers in the World
- Exciting rapids to conquer
- Amazing views
- Relaxed camping along the shores
- Amazing night star lit night skies
- You will be picked up from your hotel/residence.
- You will then attend the safety talk and sign your indemnity form before we embark on the trip.
- You will be given your rafting gear (life jacket, helmet and paddle.)
- We will then hike down the gorge to the rafts waiting below.
- The guides will allocate rafts and you will be given the last technical instructions before we start the rafting trip.
- The camp is set and diner is saved.
- At the end of the trip you will hike up the gorge, please take your time, our guides are available to help.
- We will then drive back to Livingstone, we'll stop for a local village tour on the way back. If we're lucky we might see wild animals along the way.
- You will be dropped off at your respective accommodation